Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Webliography

Today I'm working on my webliography. My letter of intent is finished and I handed it in yesterday. I hope I don't have to deal with that anymore.

I went to Ringold yesterday and talked to him about the play. Basically, he said if the play I write id good, we'll perform it. He also said he'd help me with it and gave me some other ideas for it. When Callan's the student director, we'll go over it and see if we can perform it. That will be next year, though. Hopefully I have enough time for my graduation project to perform it.

So anyways, here's the start of my webliography. I'm using the articles I've already used and citing those. I'll put in new articles later, I guess.

___________________________________________________________________


This article gave a lot of really good information. It told the story of Medusa and Perseus and gave a lot more background information on Medusa and her story/history. It provides you with many links to different sites when it lists resources. It also gives links to multiple articles on wikipedia. The only problems I have wikipedia articles are the reliabilty of them. It is a public site that is edited and gets information from public users and anyone who wants to edit it. I also have problems with the links because most of them are just linking to random articles on wikipedia that might not have anything to do with the subject your resourcing. For these reason, I gave the article a 6.

This article was very useful when it came to the history of theater and the performing arts. It tells about the history of theater in all time periods. This is the article that actually started me on the topic of Greek mythology and performing a play about a Greek myth. It is pretty reliable, but provides very little linkage to other sources. It does have images of early theatres and cathedrals where performances were held. The article actually comes from the website of an actual Theater, so I'm thinking it's pretty reliable (they must have someone running the website. Still, I'm not too sure who the author is since there's no specific name. I've given this article a 9.

This article was very helpful and has a BUNCH of information in it. It has info on the complete history of theatre and the performing arts. It's also very full of information for my research paper, on theater's history and how it's changed since earlier times. Once again, though, this is a wikipedia article. It is publicly edited and there is no specific author, so the information may not be as reliable as I need it to be. But, because of it's great sources on information, I've given this article an 8.

No comments: