Wednesday, September 12, 2007

updating

Yesterday I didn't get a chance to post because I wasn't here. But I was thinking about creating a different play on this story (it's probably going to be familiar to some of you guys):



It's the un-disney version. Anyways, I think I'm deciding against it now because it's a little too complicated and I'd have to change the whole idea of my research paper and that's way too much for now. But we'll see, there's still a chance.


Here's some of my terms having to do with theater or greek mythology that I've collected so far:

Thespian - of or relating to drama; dramatic
Myth - (1) usually traditional story of ostensibly historical events that serves to unfold part of the world view of a people or explain a practice, belief, or natural phenomenon (2) parable or allegory
Heroine - (1) a mythological or legendary woman having the qualities of a hero (2) a woman admired and emulated for her achievements and qualities
Apron - Section of the stage floor which projects towards or into the auditorium. In proscenium theatres, the part of the stage in front of the house tabs, or in front of the proscenium arch.
Blocking - The process of arranging moves to be made by the actors during the play, recorded by stage management in the prompt script. Positions at the start of scenes are noted, as are all movements around the stage.
(more of these will be added soon!)



Meanwhile, I'm still trying to find a good Greek myth or Greek God/Goddess/Hero/Heroine that would help make a good plot or play for me to write. I'm a little worried this won't work out. I got permission from the current student director to write a play for the drama club. Hopefully, I can write it soon and it will be good enough for us to perform it!

No comments: