Thursday, October 25, 2007

Interview Questions

Here's the questions I have for my interview. I'm hoping to interview someone who has put on a play or has experience with turning ancient things or performances into modernized settings and stuff like that.
  1. What's your field/what is it you do exactly?
  2. What is most important to focus on if you're trying not to lose the original idea/moral/plot to a story?
  3. What are some ways to keep that story or idea while still keeping it appropriate for the audience you want to portray it to?
  4. What are important ideas to keep in mind when thinking about the adaptation of the original story (making it appropriate for the audience/children)?
  5. What legal actions should I know about when editing the original story?
  6. What are some common mistakes I can try to avoid when trying to modernize/childrenize the story?
  7. What other advice would you give to someone adapting a story for this purpose?
  8. What should someone writing a script keep in mind having to do with the characters?
  9. What other stories/myths would you reccomend me looking at or reading that could help me with the project?
  10. Do you know of any playwright's or people in the field who did something similiar to this? Maybe I could find out about them or research them.

Those are all the questions I have right now, but I'll work on them tomorrow.

No comments: