Friday, August 31, 2007

Intro to Blogging

1. According to the article, blogging is a pastime or a livelihood. It can also become an unhealthy obsession.
2. Technorati has counted about 2,000,000.5 blogs.
3. About 4% of online users actually read other people’s blogs.
4. Mr. Wiggins states that “I’m just getting something off my chest,”
5. According to Scott, it feels like he’s doing something important if everyone’s doing it together. 6. He feels that he has to blog for any of the readers that do see his blog, or maybe that he needs to blog for himself to read.
7. The Web’s illusion of immortality is often more attractive than cash according to Quint.
8. Blogging can become so addicting that it’s all you focus on. People like Jeff Jarvis can delay duties to their job or schoolwork or even family members and loved ones in Wiggins’ case.


I think blogging can be something fun that everybody should do. It's a way to release your feelings and get things off of your chest without having to tell everybody and their mom about it. It's also fun to share your ideas with people and a way to do so if they aren't there next to you or there's no other way to contact them. I do, however, think it's not something to get addicted to. You shouldn't blog every single second of every single day. It's not healthy. When things like that happen, you don't care about or pay much attention to anything or anyone anymore. Then, people in your life feel neglected and you miss so much in life.

To me, something that you don't normally see in a blog really catched my interest. I don't like to read things that are boring and predictable. I'd pay attention to someone with unique or creative outlooks and views on certain subjects rather than someone who just says the same thing that everyone else says or says the same thing all the time.

I honestly don't think that rules should apply to anything when blogging. Blogging is a way to express yourself and show your own opinion without any rules or restrictions. Of course, if you blog for school like I am right now, that's different. There will be rules and restrictions. The only thing I think people should have to worry about is hurting others. As long as they don't do that, then I don't see why there should be restrictions or rules.